Gain an invaluable insight into a practicing interior designer',s working life. During this course you will explore both the creative and practical components of interior design and work on a sketchbook and how to develop a detailed design / scheme. This will all prepare you for a one-room project which you will present at the end of the course.
The course will include:
- Understanding of the history of design & craftsmanship
- How to work with clients, architects & trades
- Evaluating site constraints & practical ergonomics
- Gaining permissions, licences & understanding government building regulations development of style
- Architectural detailing & specifying, evaluating site constraints & practical ergonomics
- Developing bespoke product & furniture design to manufacture
- Construction, measuring, simple drawing skills required to detail elevations & plan
This programme is designed to be accessible to a wide range of learners, from those wishing to explore a creative subject to those already working on a freelance basis, looking to up skill.
This course requires you to be a minimum of 18 years old, be eligible to study in the UK and have a good level of English.
Duration: Tuesdays from 18.00 - 21.00 and two Saturdays from 10.00 - 16.00
Course Length: 42 Hours
Start Dates: March / May / September