This course explores the skills needed for a career in Interior Decoration and looks into a practicing interior designer',s working life. The course will support you in developing a details design / scheme by first exploring both practical and creative practices and also creating inspiration sketchbooks. The course works towards a final one-room project which will be presented at the end of the course.
The course will include:
- Understanding of the history of decoration & craftsmanship
- How to work with clients, architects & trades
- Evaluating site constraints & practical ergonomics
- Sourcing furniture and antiques and understanding auctions
- Drawing skills required to detail elevations and plans
This programme is designed to be accessible to a wide range of learners, from those wishing to explore a creative subject to those already working on a freelance basis, looking to up skill.
This course requires you to be a minimum of 18 years old, be eligible to study in the UK and have a good level of English.
Duration: Mondays from 18.00 - 21.00 and two Saturdays from 10.00 - 16.00