Your portfolio communicates your experience, skills and employability to potential clients and employers, so care in its preparation, focus and production will reap dividends. This short course offers guidance on how to organize and present your work to meet the expectations and requirements of a range of professions and circumstances. It is aimed at final-year students, graduates or professionals wishing to update or repurpose their professional portfolio. The course includes practical workshops giving you the opportunity to digitally format and print out your portfolio.
Introductory diagnostic sessions will review learners', portfolios to evaluate the recording and documentation of projects.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Portfolio formats, professional contexts
- Diagnostic - evaluating your portfolio
- Planning and tailoring a relevant portfolio
- Photographing and recording work
- Editing and formatting projects
- Writing - statements and covering letters
- Layout - materials, page design, portfolio formats, suppliers
- Digital printing - specialised techniques and bureaux
This programme is designed to be accessible to a wide range of learners, from those wishing to explore a creative subject to those already working on a freelance basis, looking to up skill.
This course requires you to be a minimum of 18 years old, be eligible to study in the UK and have a good level of English.