The postgraduate in International Hotel Management is designed for people who already have a university degree or diploma wishing to fast track their career into the exciting international hospitality industry.
The objective of the Postgraduate Diploma Program is to acquire and practice the knowledge and managerial skills necessary to successfully enter the hospitality and tourism industry. Employers particularly appreciate the varied backgrounds of postgraduate students because they bring experience, culture and diversity to an industry that thrives on creativity and professionalism.
This is a postgraduate intensive course aimed at graduates. Throughout the year students specialize in Business Management for the Hospitality Industry, completing theoretical preparation in addition to receiving intensive lectures in practical classes, with a 20-24 weeks in-internship in a Spanish or international hospitality establishment.
The program is delivered in English and consists of an intensive academic semester at the school followed by a 5 - 6 month industry internship. Subject content within the academic semester consists of hospitality and business management theory. Subjects include Hospitality Marketing, Rooms Division Operations and Management, Hospitality Accounting and Financial Management, Information Technology, Advanced Culinary Concepts, Beverage, Bar and Wine Service, and Events Management. Faculty is comprised of international hotel and restaurant professionals, and professors with hospitality and university backgrounds.
Normally 21 years old and above.
1. A completed application form or submitted online application with all pertinent attachments and a non-refundable application fee of 250 Euros.
2. A complete CV. Pre-Study Plan (brief essay stating the reasons why you choose to study Hospitality Management at Les Roches Marbella). Post Study Plan stating your future professional goals after graduating, dated and signed.
3. Must hold a Bachelor Degree or Diploma (preferably in the areas of Tourism, Business Administration, Economics) from an accredited institution of higher learning in non-hospitality field supported by the university transcript and copy of university degree obtained. Applications from non-degree, candidates with a minimum of 3 years of documented work experience will be evaluated on an individual basis. Non-degree holders will receive a Professional Development Diploma.
4. A reference letter of a professional or academic nature.
5. If English is not your mother tongue or if you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school, please enclose one of the following official certificate and scores:
6.1. TOEFL: minimum score of 525 points for the paper based test or 70 IBT.
6.2. Cambridge First Certificate Exam (FCE): grade C - Please also send the statement of results with your detailed profile.
6.3. IELTS: Academic Module minimum Overall Band Score 5.5 and min. 5.0 for each part (listening, reading, writing, speaking).
6.4. All English certificates must have been issued in the last 12 months prior to admission. If on application, your official English test results are not available, applicants will be required to take the Les Roches Marbella English entrance exam, and provide your official English results thereafter.