Science in Marketing - MSc.Marketing -
Duración: A partir del 15/01/2004
This course will enable you to advance your career in marketing by providing you with an thorough understanding of the concepts of marketing and the role of marketing management.
The marketing function is one of the prime drivers behind the success of all organisations, and by completing this course you will be able to:
Adapt to changing market conditions
Implement any aspects of the marketing mix
Analyse competitor position
Devise and implement a corporate marketing strategy
Undertake effective market research
The learning objectives of the University of Leicester MSc. Marketing course is to provide course participants with:
- A strong introduction and development to the concepts of marketing and the role of marketing management in a variety of organisations – consumer, industrial, financial, service, profit and not-for-profit,
- A deep appreciation of marketing in a strategic sense.
Module 1: Principles of Marketing
Module 2: Strategic Marketing Management
Module 3: Market Research
Module 4: Consumer and Industrial Buyer Behaviour
Module 5: International Marketing
Module 6: Marketing Communications
Module 7: Marketing Planning and Implementation
The following list provides examples of the Elective courses. You will be required to choose one of these:
- Services Marketing
- Retail Marketing
- A Managerial Perspective of Electronic Commerce
- Advanced Marketing Strategy
(Note: The availability of Electives may change from year to year)
Research Methodology and The Project
After reviewing a range of alternative research methods you will undertake a research project, which will provide you with an opportunity to examine, in depth, a topic or problem of particular relevance to your own interests and work. The research project has the potential of providing your organisation with the benefits of a piece of internal consultancy. The project will be of 12,000 - 15,000 words in length. You will be expected to demonstrate:
- Initiative and capacity for setting up the problem in a tractable form,
- An understanding of research methods,
- Application of relevant analytical and problem solving skills,
- Logical argument and clear report writing.
- The Leicester MSc. Marketing is a very flexible programme since it gives the opportunity to all course participates to make compatible both their studies and professional activities through Distance learning and getting the same benefits. Course participants are given a minimum of 24 months and a maximum of 60 months to complete the programme. They decide on the rhythm of their studies…
- Course participants can visit their university once a year (every year in August) during the summer school where several seminars, lectures and cultural activities are organised in the University of Leicester campus within an international and intercultural environment.